Rinehardt Law Firm’s Car Accident Advice
Mansfield, OH Accident Lawyers
Serving Clients Throughout Ohio
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, you will need good legal car accident advice. Feel free to print this page and put it in your glove box. Call the Rinehardt Law Firm of Mansfield at 419-529-2020 or 614-664-7535 with any further questions.
The 10 Most Important Things To Know If You Are In A Car Accident:
- Don’t panic. Before you do anything else, put your car in park. If your airbag has gone off there may be white dust in the air. As you take a moment to gather yourself, you should be able to tell the difference between the air bag dust and smoke.
- Warn other drivers. As soon as you are able, activate your four-way flashers to give warning to other vehicles.
- Should I get out of my car? If you are injured, it is best to stay in your car until medical help arrives. If you get out, you should exercise great caution to stay clear of any passing traffic. If you have hit a utility pole, be very careful to stay away from any downed wires.
- Once I get out of my car what should I do? Get to a safe area off the side of the road as soon as you can. Then, call 911 and give your location. Stay off the road until the police arrive.
- Should I move my car before the police arrive? The first priority is always safety. If not moving your car creates danger, then you should move your car to an area of safety. If your car does not create a danger, then you should leave your car where it is until the police arrive.
- Should I go to the hospital? If you are having any pain or feel disoriented, then you should have an ambulance take you to the hospital.
- What if I start to hurt after I have left the scene of the crash? Sometimes you may think you are okay at the scene but start hurting later that day or the next morning. As soon as you begin to experience significant pain or symptoms of confusion, you should seek medical treatment.
- Who is at fault? Figuring out who is at fault is secondary to safety. You should, however, get the name, address, and phone number of anyone who says that they saw what happened.
- Contact your insurance company. Once you have received medical attention, you should call your insurance company and report the accident.
- Let your employer or school know you have been in an accident. If you are going to be unable to work or attend class, you should call to let everyone know what has happened. If your doctor takes you off work because of your injuries, provide your employer with the off-work slips as soon as possible.
Contact Rinehardt Law Firm today at 419-529-2020 or 614-664-7535 for all Mansfield, OH auto accident representation.